Enroll with of the acclaimed and accredited ultrasound schools in Alabama and begin a career as an ultrasound technician today. From the Gulf Coast to the Highland Ridge, the Yellowhammer State has as much to offer in the field of medical ultrasound as it does in history and culture. Choose from ultrasound technician schools in one of the metropolitan areas like Mobile, Montgomery, and Birmingham or study online at one of Alabama’s institutions offering Internet classes.
As an Alabama ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Alabama:
- Average annual salary: $49,720
- Currently employed: 920
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Alabama