Home to Jim Morrison, Sydney Poitier and Wesley Snipes, Florida is also home to some of the top training institutions in the field of ultrasound technology. You’ll be spoilt for choice with ultrasound technician schools in many areas including Orlando, Tampa, and greater Miami; the only metro area in the U.S. bordering on two national parks. Enjoy the Sunshine State’s great climate while you study on campus or take online courses while soaking up the sun.
As a Florida ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Florida:
- Average annual salary: $58,260
- Currently employed: 4,890
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Florida
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
At Keiser University, you will find a warm, friendly community with faculty and staff truly committed to your success. Our small class sizes, individualized attention, and one-class-at-a-time schedules create a positive learning environment where you can excel. Whether your goal is to prepare for a new career or to advance with your current employer, Keiser University is designed around your needs.
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
- Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology
- BS in Imaging Sciences/Imaging Admin., Radiologic Technology, Vascular Sonography, Nuclear Medicine, and Clinical Imaging
- Associate of Science in Radiation Therapy
American College for Medical Careers
American College for Medical Careers
Want to make a career out of helping others?*
At the American College for Medical Careers, we train students for in-demand careers in the healthcare field through quality distance and onsite education. Whether you’re thinking about starting a career in the healthcare field, or are a healthcare professional looking to change directions, our allied health schools in Florida and Colorado will help you achieve your goals.
Students at both the allied health schools in Colorado and Florida have the option of training for careers in a wide range of healthcare specialties, such as:
- Dental Assisting with Expanded Functions
- Medical Assisting
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Health Information Technology
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Respiratory Therapy
- Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography
As some of the fastest-growing healthcare career opportunities available today, these programs represent our mission to both meet workforce demands for allied health professionals and create high demand opportunities for every student who attends our schools.
At the American College for Medical Careers, you’ll receive personalized attention and support from the moment you walk through our doors to inquire about our allied health programs, through the moment when you’re ready to accept your first position in your brand new career. From selecting the appropriate program, to one-on-one support and job search assistance, our staff and educators are always right by your side to ensure you achieve the highest levels of professional excellence.
Other features of ACMC include:
- Small class sizes to ensure plenty of individualized instruction
- Professional instructors with real-world experience in your specific area of study
- Flexible day and evening schedules to best accommodate your needs
- Externships and clinical experience for plenty of hands-on practice
The American College for Medical Careers provides allied health career training to students at its campus locations in Orlando, Florida and Denver, Colorado, along with online training to students in nine other states.
Financial aid available to those who qualify
Accreditation: ACICS – Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools
Southern Technical College
Whether you need to upgrade your skills or change careers, we have the right program to fit your needs. Let us show you how to get the skills you need in a short amount of time so that you can get into your career today! At STC we offer hands-on clinical training, career placement assistance and morning or evening schedules.
Florida Career College
Florida Career College’s mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements.
- Create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals.
- Generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods.
- Maintain a qualified, caring faculty and staff dedicated to the personal and professional development of each student.
- Remain at the forefront of education by supporting continuing education and training for graduates, faculty, and staff.
- Instill a quality philosophy in students, staff, and faculty to continually exceed expectations.
- Prepare and encourage students to pursue life-long learning.
At Florida Career College, we firmly believe that good training is the primary factor in achieving personal success.
Take your life in an exciting new direction with an education from Virginia College! Graduates of Virginia College can be confident in the skills and training that they’ve received because programs are designed for their success. Virginia College focuses on the needs of the job market of each industry, creating programs that meet the needs of students and future employees alike.
Virginia College provides the convenience of flexible class schedules with the benefits of small class sizes. Financial aid is available for those who qualify, helping open doors for everyone who wants to improve his or her education and opportunities!
Virginia College provides a number of choices in order to offer you the education that best fits your needs and goals, from diploma and associate degree programs to bachelor degree programs at some locations. Virginia College’s school of business management even offers graduate degrees at select campuses. Programs are also offered in a number of different fields, providing choices as varied as graphic design degrees or paralegal studies. Whether you’re interested in criminal justice schools or a cosmetology college, Virginia College has a choice that’s right for you!
Classes Start October 5, 2015!
Florida Technical College
Florida Technical College programs are exciting and dynamic, evolving over the years to meet the needs of students and the job marketplace. FTC students receive the new iPad with e-books instead of textbooks, which allows FTC students to tackle coursework anywhere, at anytime.
We Welcome You!
The Admissions Team at each Heritage location is dedicated to seeing our students take the next step toward their new life.
Team members sit with every interested individual to do one-on-one career planning. It is our mission to help all students attain their goals.
Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities provides postsecondary education programs that prepare students for careers in some of America’s fastest growing industries, including health care, business and technology. Everest takes a very personal approach to career education, offering small classes, intimate work groups and support systems designed to help students succeed both inside and outside the classroom. Even after students graduate, Everest’s Career Services department is there to provide ongoing career coaching and help locating local employment opportunities. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
At FORTIS, students are provided the skills and training needed to enter careers in industries that have employment opportunity over time. What industries you ask? FORTIS offers career education and training programs in the nursing, healthcare, medical, dental, business, information technology, skilled trades, massage and cosmetology career fields. That makes Fortis a post-secondary network of colleges and institutes with a wide variety of educational choices!