Home to Jim Morrison, Sydney Poitier and Wesley Snipes, Florida is also home to some of the top training institutions in the field of ultrasound technology. You’ll be spoilt for choice with ultrasound technician schools in many areas including Orlando, Tampa, and greater Miami; the only metro area in the U.S. bordering on two national parks. Enjoy the Sunshine State’s great climate while you study on campus or take online courses while soaking up the sun.
As a Florida ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Florida:
- Average annual salary: $58,260
- Currently employed: 4,890
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Florida
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
At Keiser University, you will find a warm, friendly community with faculty and staff truly committed to your success. Our small class sizes, individualized attention, and one-class-at-a-time schedules create a positive learning environment where you can excel. Whether your goal is to prepare for a new career or to advance with your current employer, Keiser University is designed around your needs.
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Radiation Therapy
- Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology
- BS in Imaging Sciences/Imaging Admin., Radiologic Technology, Vascular Sonography, Nuclear Medicine, and Clinical Imaging
For over 145 years, Sanford-Brown has been helping adult students achieve their educational goals. Every aspect of the Sanford-Brown experience is designed to help you excel in your studies, gain confidence, and achieve your personal vision of success.
- We surround every student with an unmatched level of personal support, whether it’s tutoring, financial aid planning, job interview tips, or even help writing a resume.
- Inside the classroom we emphasize hands-on training, access to current technologies, and faculty with real-world experience, all of which make our programs relevant to your training.
- We maintain strong ties with the local business community, offering externships and keeping our fingers on the pulse of the local job market.
In 2014, Sanford-Brown merged with the International Academy of Design & Technology (IADT) and Brown College to form a stronger, more diverse institution. Today, depending on the location, Sanford-Brown campuses may offer Health, Design, Technology and/or Business programs, among others.
If you’re ready to improve your career future, then Sanford-Brown is ready to provide a robust educational experience that’s entirely centered on you and your success.
Florida Career College
Florida Career College’s mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements.
- Create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals.
- Generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods.
- Maintain a qualified, caring faculty and staff dedicated to the personal and professional development of each student.
- Remain at the forefront of education by supporting continuing education and training for graduates, faculty, and staff.
- Instill a quality philosophy in students, staff, and faculty to continually exceed expectations.
- Prepare and encourage students to pursue life-long learning.
At Florida Career College, we firmly believe that good training is the primary factor in achieving personal success.
Everest University - ECMC Allied Health
Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities provides postsecondary education programs that prepare students for careers in some of America’s fastest growing industries, including health care, business and technology. Everest takes a very personal approach to career education, offering small classes, intimate work groups and support systems designed to help students succeed both inside and outside the classroom. Even after students graduate, Everest’s Career Services department is there to provide ongoing career coaching and help locating local employment opportunities. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Lincoln College of Technology
Lincoln College of Technology helps students achieve professional success through personalized career support and hands-on, job-specific education. our in-depth training programs are designed to meet hanging needs and cover a variety of fields, including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology.
What sets Lincoln College of Technology apart from other colleges? Quite a few things, actually; our training programs emphasize experiential, interactive learning activities – that means you’ll do the job before you take the job. Plus, our Certificate, Diploma and Associate Degree programs are designed to accelerate your entry into the job market by offering a shorter length of training, so you may be earning valuable on-the-job experience before many of your peers do.
But our strengths go beyond that. our Lincoln instructors possess a combination of seasoned teaching skills, subject matter expertise and real world experience. Plus, we’ve built working partnerships with important industry contacts in your area. So when you graduate, we’ll help you find a good position and start your career off right.
When it comes to choosing colleges, keep this in mind: our dedication to your success sets us apart from the competition – and the specialized, career-focused training you’ll receive at Lincoln will set you apart from yours. Lincoln College of Technology offers flexible daytime and evening programs to accommodate your busy schedule.
Medtech remains committed to assisting its students with their educational journeys to change their lives through the ultimate self-improvement of education. Through our allied health and nursing programs, in addition to short-term courses, we are able to meet the diverse needs of the students and the communities which we serve. We are confident that each and every student can receive an extraordinary experience with Medtech.
We Welcome You!
The Admissions Team at each Heritage location is dedicated to seeing our students take the next step toward their new life.
Team members sit with every interested individual to do one-on-one career planning. It is our mission to help all students attain their goals.
Ultimate Medical Academy
At Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) we train future allied health professionals at our campuses in Clearwater and Tampa, Florida. Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students for careers in healthcare.
Florida Technical College
Florida Technical College programs are exciting and dynamic, evolving over the years to meet the needs of students and the job marketplace. FTC students receive the new iPad with e-books instead of textbooks, which allows FTC students to tackle coursework anywhere, at anytime.
As a student at Southeastern College, you will gain the training, skills, and knowledge you need to start a rewarding career in growing occupations such as practical nursing, emergency medical services, medical assisting, massage therapy, and pharmacy technology. Our career-focused programs and flexible class schedules make Southeastern a great choice for busy working adults.