Home to Jim Morrison, Sydney Poitier and Wesley Snipes, Florida is also home to some of the top training institutions in the field of ultrasound technology. You’ll be spoilt for choice with ultrasound technician schools in many areas including Orlando, Tampa, and greater Miami; the only metro area in the U.S. bordering on two national parks. Enjoy the Sunshine State’s great climate while you study on campus or take online courses while soaking up the sun.
As a Florida ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Florida:
- Average annual salary: $58,260
- Currently employed: 4,890
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Florida
Southern Technical College
Whether you need to upgrade your skills or change careers, Southern Technical College has the right program to fit your needs. Let us show you how to get the skills you need in a short amount of time so that you can get into a new career fast!
What makes Southern Technical College for you?
- Convenient Locations
- Financial Assistance For Those Who Qualify
- Hands-On Training
- Small Classes/Individualized Attention
- Career Placement Assistance
- Morning or Evening Classes Available
Why Choose Southern Technical College:
- Industry Experienced Instructors
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools
- Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education
Financial Assistance and Availability
The financial aid team at Southern Technical College is committed to helping you find ways to finance your education. Our team is trained to help you overcome the financial obstacles that may be standing in the way of your education.
Southern Technical College participates in several of the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Financial Aid Programs, which are generally available to those who qualify. Visit www.studentaid.ed.gov for more information, learn more about the types of financial aid available, and consumer information, or contact your local campus to speak member of our financial aid team
Career Placement Assistance
Our career service advisors can help you with resume writing, interviewing skills, employer contacts, and the latest job search techniques. We have years of experience in helping graduates gain employment in great jobs with great companies, and we are ready to help you, too! We cannot guarantee your success, but STC has an excellent record of helping graduates find and keep jobs in their field of study. Success after graduation depends on many factors, and we are here to help you along the way!
- Southwest Campuses: Tampa
- Central Campus: Auburndale
- Central Campus: Sanford
- Central Campus: Orlando
- Southwest Campuses: Fort.Myers
- Southwest Campuses: Port Charlotte
- Central Campus: Brandon
- A.S. - Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- A.S. - Nursing
- A.S. - Medical Laboratory Technician
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- A.S. - Surgical Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting (diploma)
- Patient Care Technician
- Diploma - Medical Billing and Coding Technology
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
At Keiser University, you will find a warm, friendly community with faculty and staff truly committed to your success. Our small class sizes, individualized attention, and one-class-at-a-time schedules create a positive learning environment where you can excel. Whether your goal is to prepare for a new career or to advance with your current employer, Keiser University is designed around your needs.
h3. Keiser University Advantage
- Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs
- Day, Evening, and Online Classes
- Financial Aid to Those Who Qualify
- Job Placement Assistance Available
- Military-friendly, scholarships for qualified active duty personnel, Veterans, and dependants. Yellow Ribbon program participant, approved for Veterans training
Programs and delivery format vary by campus. Courses are subject to change.
Keiser University’s programs and curriculum remain in-line with technology and workforce trends, helping you develop the skills and qualifications necessary to succeed in today’s job market. Our career-focused programs make it possible for you to graduate in less time than you may think.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Pembroke Pines
- Port St. Lucie
- New Port Richey
- Ft. Lauderdale
- Ft. Myers
- West Palm Beach
- Daytona Beach
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding (Online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Online Only)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Online Only)
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration (Online Only)
- Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapy Assistant
- Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Laboratory Technician
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Bachelor of Science in Imaging Sciences - Clinical Imaging Concentration
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- Associate of Science in Health Information Management
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Associate of Science in Radiation Therapy
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Bachelor of Science in Imaging Sciences - Imaging Administration Concentration
- BS in Nursing (RN to BSN Bridge) (Hybrid)
- Associate of Science in Surgical Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in Health Services Administration
The Most Direct Path to Your New Career
Our Associate’s, Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree programs emphasize a fast and focused method without sacrificing the quality education that students and employers demand. We constantly research the job market to make certain we are offering those career programs in which the greatest job growth is expected. We proudly offer the most direct path to your new career! To find out more, complete the Request More Information form or call and talk with an Admissions Representative at the Virginia College campus nearest you.
Career Placement Assistance
Once you have the degree, do you know how to begin your new career? Maybe you’re looking for a new profession, or just want to move ahead in the one that you already have. At Virginia College, our Career Development associates stand ready to assist you in obtaining or enhancing your career wherever you are…helping you with job placement services well beyond graduation! To find out more, complete the Request for More Information or call and talk with an Admissions Representative at the Virginia College campus nearest you.
Financial Aid Available for Those Who Qualify
One of the first questions many of our prospective students ask is, “How will I pay for college?” The answer is the right combination of financial aid programs that can help you manage the costs involved in obtaining your degree. The Financial Aid department at Virginia College is prepared to discuss how a combination of scholarships, Pell grants, and student loans are available to those who require assistance and qualify. It can be a complicated process, but we are here, ready to help you make the best decisions. To find out more, complete the Request More Information form or call and talk with an Admissions Representative at the Virginia College campus nearest you.
- Fort Pierce
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
YOUR PARTNER IN CAREER EDUCATION
At American Institute, we strive to offer a different kind of learning. Join our caring community, and see why our students thrive and flourish in their career training and beyond.
Careers Made. The American Way.
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. That’s the American Way.
In 1924, American Institute, then known as Hartford Secretarial School, opened its doors to its first class of business students. Since that day, thousands of students have graduated to enjoy careers in the world of business, legal, allied healthcare, diagnostic medical sonography and information technology. Building on its distinguished past, American Institute continues to meet the challenges of technology in today’s business world. It recognizes its single, well-defined teaching mission: reflecting job market demands with flexibility in identifying and incorporating new programs to give our graduates an edge in today’s competitive job market.
We work every day to help you get closer to achieving your goals. Nothing makes us happier than seeing students graduate and helping them find a job in their field. Your first step is to speak with our Admissions staff to see if American Institute is the right fit for your education. Contact us today and we’ll send you more information.
- Medical Assistant
Welcome to Platt College!
Platt College is a design school.
Platt College is a legal studies school.
Platt College is a medical careers school.
No matter what your aspirations, Platt College offers education for the career of a lifetime.
Established in 1985, Platt College has served the local Southern California community for over 30 years. At its three campuses in Alhambra, near Los Angeles, Ontario and Riverside, in the heart of the Inland Empire, Platt College offers flexible, accredited Associates and Bachelors degree programs in some of today’s most “recession-resistant” fields.
Platt College offers its students a rich and rewarding curriculum of educational courses and career training. Whether you’re interested in graphic arts and 3D animation, or a career as a paralegal or medical assistant, we have the program that will put you on the fast track to success.
Classes are conveniently scheduled during morning or evening hours to work around outside employment commitments. For working adults, Platt’s curriculum offers a way to continue earning a living while studying for a new career. Financial aid is available for qualified students, and the school maintains a full-time placement staff to assist students in gaining externship experience while in school and employment after graduation.
Distance Education Now Available For Our Veterinary Technician Programs!
Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). Platt college and its educational programs are approved by the Bureau of Private Post-secondary Education (an office of the State of California, Department of Commerce) and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Online Distance Education
- Veterinary Technology
Ultimate Medical Academy
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school-and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- Ultimate Medical Academy Online
- A.S. Medical Billing and Coding