From the rolling fertile plains to the Shawnee Hills, the Prairie State is rich with history and abounds with cultural havens. That’s not all; it’s also a great place to go to ultrasound school. You’re sure to feel right at home in Chicago, the Quad Cities, or Naperville. If you prefer, you can even take courses at one of Illinois’s ultrasound technician schools form the comfort on your own home. Many of them offer a number of online courses. Get on board now for a medical career you will love.
As an Illinois ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $66,180
- Currently employed: 2,020
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Illinois