Make your home in the Hawkeye State’s capital of Des Moines, or other metro areas like Cedar Rapids, and Davenport, where you can train in medical ultrasound at a top college location or choose from a selection of online classes to study at home. You won’t be sorry you chose to start your medical career at an Iowa ultrasound school.
As an Iowan ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Iowa:
- Average annual salary: $57,930
- Currently employed: 820
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Iowa