Louisiana is well-known for being a welcoming state; it also has some of the best medical training courses in the United States. You will love the choice of ultrasound schools available in great cities like Baton Rouge-home of the LSU Tiger Stadium or Jefferson Parish-renowned for the famous Jefferson Oyster Trail. Don’t hold back, check out our list of Louisiana ultrasound technician schools offering traditional classroom courses as well as online classes.
As a Louisiana ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Louisiana:
- Average annual salary: $56,450
- Currently employed: 780
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Louisiana