The Pine Tree State is famous for its sandy beaches and wonderful views. It was also home of the poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. One of Maine’s other claims to fame is that it has some of the best ultrasound technician schools in the northern United States. The city of Portland, Maine’s business, financial and retail capital has some unique characteristics, as does Augusta, the state capital. Take a moment to read through our list of Maine ultrasound schools that offer on-site and online Associate’s Degrees in this growing medical field.
As a Maine ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Maine:
- Average annual salary: $68,170
- Currently employed: 250
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Maine