There are fewer more exciting places to live and study in the United States than Baltimore and the DC Metro Area, which make them great options for taking your ultrasound technician degree. The Old Line State is also home to top attractions like the Walter's Art Museum and Fell's Point and Sherwood Gardens, so when you are done studying hard, you can play hard. Look at our list of top ultrasound schools below.
As a Maryland ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Maryland:
- Average annual salary: $73,640
- Currently employed: 1,060
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate's Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Maryland