Wherever you stand in Michigan you are within 85 miles of one of the Great Lakes. If you are taking a stand on getting a great education, the Great Lakes State is a perfect place to find an ultrasound technician school. You’ll be able to find on-campus and online opportunities at institutions not only in the metro areas of Detroit and Grand Rapids but also in many other areas throughout this beautiful state. Do something great with your life with a career in medical ultrasound.
As a Michigan ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Michigan:
- Average annual salary: $56,230
- Currently employed: 2,110
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.