If you are looking for a place to study ultrasound technology that also has exciting cities, a diverse culture and loads of history, look no further than the Show Me State. You’ll find educational and career opportunities galore in the metropolitan areas of Kansas City, St. Louis, and Springfield. When you’re ready to take a break from study and have some fun you can check out some of Missouri’s offbeat attractions like Leila’s Hair Museum or the world’s largest ball of twine. Whichever ultrasound technician course you choose, whether on-campus or online, you are sure of a great career in a growing medical field.
As a Missouri ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Missouri:
- Average annual salary: $63,430
- Currently employed: 1,010
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Missouri