You can enjoy a Coney dog in Brooklyn, an iced tea in Long Island, a pizza in Albany, and a Manhattan in Manhattan. But there’s much more to New York than great food and drink, it’s also home to some great ultrasound schools where you can soon be on your way to a career in medical sonography. Learn at home through the Internet or join a lively campus, we can help you find either. Take a bite of the Big Apple and start training for a great career in a growing profession.
As a New York ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in New York:
- Average annual salary: $65,960
- Currently employed: 3,600
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in New York
Sanford-Brown can help prepare you for a rewarding career in health and dental care, business, paralegal, criminal justice or information technology. With nearly 20 campuses in the Sanford-Brown Institute and Sanford-Brown College divisions, selecting a school that suits your particular career training and education needs is easy.
- White Plains
- Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technology
- Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound