The Tar Heel State is home to The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, which is the oldest State University in the United States, so you can be sure that this is a great state to come to for a quality education. Our list below gives you a wide range of institutions offering degrees in ultrasound technology in and around Raleigh and Charlotte. Take your pick of traditional classroom based courses, or from a selection of the latest online classes.
As a North Carolina ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in North Carolina:
- Average annual salary: $61,070
- Currently employed: 1,670
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate's Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in North Carolina