When you think of Oregon, you probably think of Crater Lake National Park, the Portland Trail Blazers and Ken Kesey, but the state is also home to great ultrasound technician schools. Whether you choose and ultrasound school in Portland, Eugene, Salem or one of the surrounding areas, you can rest assured you’ll secure a great education and have lots of fun. There are classes available on school campus and online. Find out more details form the list below.
As an Oregon ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Oregon:
- Average annual salary: $80,190
- Currently employed: 460
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Oregon