The medical profession needs ultrasound technicians in many challenging fields, such as gynecology and obstetrics, cardiology and ophthalmology and the list keeps growing. Pennsylvania is not only a great place to study medical sonography, it is also a great place to start a career in the field. From Pittsburgh to Philadelphia and Allentown to Allatoona, Pennsylvania will make you feel right at home. Check out our list of ultrasound schools below.
As a Pennsylvania ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Pennsylvania:
- Average annual salary: $58,450
- Currently employed: 2,550
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate's Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Pennsylvania