Even if you’ve never been to South Dakota before, you’ll soon find its many fascinating cities irresistible. From the Black Hills to Sioux Falls, and Pierre to Sturgis there is much to experience. When you’re not studying for your ultrasound technology degree you can visit Mount Rushmore or the Black Hills National Park. Take your pick from a wide range of online and on-location classes from the list below.
As a South Dakota ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in South Dakota:
- Average annual salary: $52,600
- Currently employed: 250
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in South Dakota