The fact that Nashville is home to the longest running live radio program in the world should you a sense of the dedication inspired by the Volunteer State. At one of Tennessee’s ultrasound technician schools, in cities in and around Knoxville and Memphis, you will be inspired to perform at your best to earn a degree that will be the first step on the road to a rewarding medical career. Help us help you find an online or on-campus course that will set you on the right path.
As a Tennessee ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Tennessee:
- Average annual salary: $55,750
- Currently employed: 1,240
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Tennessee