You can really shine in the Lone Star State when you embark on a course in medical sonography in one of Texas’ acclaimed ultrasound schools. Kick-start your new career in the midst of an exciting metropolitan area like Dallas, Houston or San Antonio with on-campus classes. If you prefer a quieter life out on the range, you can sign up form online courses and study at home. Why wait when you can enroll today?
As a Texas ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Texas:
- Average annual salary: $62,370
- Currently employed: 3,590
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Texas
Virginia College is a private institution of higher education committed to offering associate degrees, diploma courses, and baccalaureate degrees at its various campuses*. These programs strengthen the student’s ability to enter or advance in a chosen career. The College provides educational opportunities through curricula in business, business-related, administrative, management, technical and professional programs that are designed to prepare the student for direct entry into the job market. * Not all programs are available at all campuses.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography