There are numerous excellent schools in Virginia offering accredited courses in medical ultrasound technology in cities such as Richmond and Arlington. These are all great places to start your new career by earning an Associate's Degree at one of the Old Dominion State's prestigious ultrasound technician schools. Enroll now in on-campus or online classes to start increasing your earning potential.
As a Virginia ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $66,360
- Currently employed: 1,200
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate's Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Virginia