There are numerous excellent schools in Virginia offering accredited courses in medical ultrasound technology in cities such as Richmond and Arlington. These are all great places to start your new career by earning an Associate’s Degree at one of the Old Dominion State’s prestigious ultrasound technician schools. Enroll now in on-campus or online classes to start increasing your earning potential.
As a Virginia ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $66,360
- Currently employed: 1,200
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Virginia
South University enjoys a long-standing tradition of excellence in education and personalized student attention.
Since its humble beginnings, South University has experienced continued growth transforming from a two-year college into a four-year university offering associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degree programs with campus locations in Columbia, South Carolina; Montgomery, Alabama; Savannah, Georgia; and Tampa and West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Virginia Beach
- Nursing (BSN)
- Physical Therapist Assisting (AS)
The Most Direct Path to Your New Career
Our Associate’s, Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree programs emphasize a fast and focused method without sacrificing the quality education that students and employers demand. We constantly research the job market to make certain we are offering those career programs in which the greatest job growth is expected. We proudly offer the most direct path to your new career! To find out more, complete the Request More Information form or call and talk with an Admissions Representative at the Virginia College campus nearest you.
Career Placement Assistance
Once you have the degree, do you know how to begin your new career? Maybe you’re looking for a new profession, or just want to move ahead in the one that you already have. At Virginia College, our Career Development associates stand ready to assist you in obtaining or enhancing your career wherever you are…helping you with job placement services well beyond graduation! To find out more, complete the Request for More Information or call and talk with an Admissions Representative at the Virginia College campus nearest you.
Financial Aid Available for Those Who Qualify
One of the first questions many of our prospective students ask is, “How will I pay for college?” The answer is the right combination of financial aid programs that can help you manage the costs involved in obtaining your degree. The Financial Aid department at Virginia College is prepared to discuss how a combination of scholarships, Pell grants, and student loans are available to those who require assistance and qualify. It can be a complicated process, but we are here, ready to help you make the best decisions. To find out more, complete the Request More Information form or call and talk with an Admissions Representative at the Virginia College campus nearest you.
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
Ultimate Medical Academy
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school-and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- Ultimate Medical Academy Online
- A.S. Medical Billing and Coding
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding