Nestled between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean, on the backs of the Potomac River, Washington DC is the perfect place to begin your career in ultrasound technology. Check out the list below for some of the state’s most acclaimed ultrasound technician schools where you can learn everything you need to know about medical sonography. As an alternative you can take a range of online classes in the field. Enroll today and take the first step to a brighter future.
As a Washington DC ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Washington DC:
- Average annual salary: $66,600
- Currently employed: 120
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ultrasound Technician Schools in Washington DC