The only state to be named after an American President, Washington is home to guitar hero Jimmie Hendrix, crooner Bing Crosby and rock band Nirvana. Washington State is not only well-known for producing great musicians, but also for ultrasound technicians. You can find ultrasound schools in many cities such as Seattle, Spokane, and Vancouver. Choose from an extensive list of Washington campuses offering local or online courses.
As a Washington ultrasound technician, you will:
- Use imaging equipment for procedures such as sonograms or ultrasounds
- Work in a hospital, physician’s office or imaging clinic
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Ensure patient’s needs are met
Some career figures for ultrasound technician professionals in Washington:
- Average annual salary: $78,100
- Currently employed: 1,290
- Employment outlook: 44% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s Degree, Professional Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.