The SDMS Foundation Advanced Degree Scholarship Program provides a $2,500 scholarship to a deserving sonographer who has a minimum of two (2) years full-time sonography experience and has been accepted or is currently enrolled in an advanced sonography-related degree program (Bachelor, Master, or Doctoral) including, but not limited to, degrees in management, health, education, etc., in an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Scholarships can be used for tuition, books, or education fees.
Scholarship Application Deadline
June 30 for future educational expenses to be incurred July 1 through June 30 of the following year
Failure to meet any of the following scholarship eligibility requirements will result in an application being disqualified. If disqualified, the applicant's response to the essay questions will not be reviewed/ considered. To be eligible for an Advanced Degree Scholarship, and individual must:
- Have not previously received an SDMS Foundation Sonography Advanced Degree Scholarship; and
- Be a current individual SDMS member at the time of scholarship application, award, and date of payment; and
- Be accepted or enrolled in an accredited sonography educational program leading to a bachelor's, master’s, or doctoral degree. Scholarships are only made available for enrolment in educational programs located in the United States; and
- Have at least two (2) years full-time experience as a sonographer; and
- Fully complete the SDMS Foundation Advanced Degree Scholarship online application, including required essay questions and required attachments (including Federal Student Aid Report (FASFA)) before the application deadline; and
- Remain enrolled in the educational program after the application is submitted and at least 90 days after the application period ends.
- Additionally, only one SDMS Foundation grant (i.e. one Certification Examination grant OR one SDMS Annual Conference grant) and one SDMS Foundation Scholarship may be awarded to the same individual within a calendar year.
- An individual may receive the SDMS Foundation Student Scholarship and the SDMS Advanced Degree Scholarship up to one time each within their lifetime.
- All applications must be completed online. Completed applications are reviewed based on eligibility criteria and availability of scholarship funds.
- All applicants will be notified by email once the scholarship has been awarded. Please allow up to sixty (60) days after the published scholarship deadline for the applications to be processed and evaluated.
- Within three (3) weeks of the scholarship being awarded, a check will be mailed to the scholarship recipient.
- College Acceptance Letter/Proof of Enrolment
- Federal Student Aid Report (FASFA)
- Foundation Scholarships Employer Affirmation Form
The online scholarship application includes three short essay questions. Responses to the essay questions must comply withall requirements or the application will be disqualified.
Essay question responses are scored anonymously. Therefore, it is very important that the applicants do not identify themselves, their School or employer, or the location where they live within their essay response. Please note that spelling and grammar will be considered during the essay question scoring process.
Please limit responses to 200 words or less. Be sure to proof your essay question responses before submission.
Note: Failure to remove ALL identifying information from essays will result in the application not being considered.
Advanced Degree Scholarship Essay Questions
- Why do you want to continue your education?
- Describe the goals you have established for yourself and your efforts to accomplish these goals. Give at least one specific example that demonstrates your work ethic/diligence.
- Describe you most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study and your future goals.